” Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your strength.” Ecclesiastes 9:10 a New Life Version (NLV)
Want to give to missions or help in some way, but don’t know how?
Here’s some ideas to get you started:
1. Write to a missionary. When you develop a personal relationship with them, your priorities shift and you begin to care more about their welfare and needs!
2. Save your change for missions. A little goes a long way. By putting his change into a cup each night, Pastor Dan was able to save over $30 last year. That’s $30 a missionary might not otherwise get and chances are you won’t miss it.
3.Talk about what you’re doing for missions on your social media sites. Be aware that there are missionaries in sensitive areas who need to remain anonymous – please respect that, But otherwise, promote missions on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks when you can.
4. Educate yourself about problems the missionaries face in the areas where they work.
5. Be a walking billboard – advertise missions organizations on your tee-shirts or purchase items made by people in other countries. Why not -we “advertise” everything else????
6. Pray! Find out what their needs are and get specific in your prayers. Pray alone and have get-togethers specifically to pray for missions.
7. Use your talents to spread the word and raise money for missions. I have a novel and now am making dolls to sell for missions. What has God given you to do?
8. Keep informed about the missionaries you support by subscribing to newsletters, reading newspaper stories about their countries, etc.
9. Fast one day per month for your missionaries. 16. Partner with corporate sponsors for seasonal promotions.
10. Forward missionary prayer requests to others on your e-mail lists. (Why not? We forward everything else!)
These are just a few suggestions. I’d love to know what you come up with!
So What has God given you to do? Give it all you’ve got today!