“Love is patient, love is kind, it isn’t jealous, it doesn’t brag, it isn’t arrogant, it isn’t rude, it doesn’t seek its own advantage, it isn’t irritable, it doesn’t keep a record of complaints,” 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 CEB
I find it very interesting that Paul uses two statements to tell us what love is…and 8 statements to tell us what it isn’t or doesn’t do!
If I were to rewrite this verse with all positive statements, Here’s what I would include:
- Love is patient
- Love is kind
- Love is being content with what I have
- Love realizes where my talents and abilities come from and looks for opportunities to use them
- Love is humble
- Love is grateful for His gifts
- Love smiles and looks for opportunities to encourage others
- Love speaks softly to others
- Love forgivesWhat would you include in this list, using only positive statements????? It’s not as easy as it looks!
Lord, help me to actively and positively love others today! Amen.