Memorize his laws and tell them to your children over and over again. Talk about them all the time, whether you’re at home or walking along the road or going to bed at night, or getting up in the morning. Deuteronomy 6:6-7 CEV
Have you ever paid attention to the things you talk about through the day?
When my older daughter lived in Florida,I only got to see her once or twice a year because it was a two-day trip by car. Needless to say we spoke on the phone a lot. Usually after our conversations ended my husband would ask, “Well what did Allissa have to say?” So I got into the habit of jotting down notes so I could fill him in on the lives of his daughter and her children..
We talked about:
– the cute, daring, exasperating things her children said or did
– the mundane daily events and activities of our lives – the weather (I always worried about her during hurricane season!)
– things about ministry since we were both pastor’s wives
– craft projects and recipes
– decisions we were facing in our personal lives
– just about everything imaginable!
But looking back on those phone conversations, I realize how God-filled they were! No we didn’t sit around quoting Bible verses for an hour. But as we shared each other’s lives, we encouraged each other in God, We talked about God’s provision and protection. We shared prayer requests and answers to those prayers as easily as we shared the mundane things.
Father, may You become so much a part of our daily lives that Your thread runs through every conversation and every interaction we have with others! Amen.