Have you ever been inspired to write a Christian poem or song lyrics? If so, where did your inspiration come from?
If you’re like many people, the inspiration might have come from a beautiful scene of nature or something inspiring that another person said. Not so with worship leader Rick Founds’ song, “Lord I Lift Your Name On High.”
According to Founds who wrote this song 20 years ago, he was thinking about an article he had been reading in a scientific journal on the process of hydraulics. Sounds real inspiring, doesn’t it?
– condensation to become precipitation,
– to fall to the earth as rain or snow
– providing life-giving moisture to seeds and plants as it soaks into the ground
– then finds its way back into streams, lakes, rivers and oceans
– to be evaporated back up into the heavens.
As he read about how this natural watering system works, he was reminded of the spiritual, life-giving water of Jesus Christ. He was with the Father from the beginning and “condensed” himself into the form of a man to come to the earth to nurture his creation. He went to the cross, from the cross to the grave and rose again, ascending back to the Father.